We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our retail team who is comfortable contributing to all parts of the design process, from research, strategy and concepts through to implementation. You will work collaboratively with the other designers and the wider in-house team to deliver authentic and playful designs.
Welcome to MinaLima! Founded in 2009 by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima, the graphic designers who imagined and created the graphic universe of the Harry Potter™ film series for Warner Bros. Their partnership has flourished through all the subsequent films with their prop designs inspiring a range of merchandise products and art prints. This has enabled our retail arm “The Art Printorium” to continue to expand and we are now a very successful small business with robust international growth plans to scale our business X10 in the next 5 years.
Who we are
We believe in making a difference through our craft; amazing our fans, clients and our people through positive experiences and the passion with which we deliver our work. We live by a set of values and behaviours which act as a compass for our people. Craft, Care, Curiosity, Courage and Community are at the centre of all we do.
- We strive for great and are unapologetic in pursuit of excellence in our craft
- We work with courage and conviction in delivering magical experiences and outcomes
- We own our growth and take responsibility for our progress
- We try new things and take thoughtful risks
- We support and nurture our people, our brand and our fans
- We are open, welcoming and inclusive at all levels and we treat everyone with respect
As our Junior Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for supporting the Retail team working across a variety of different projects. This diverse position gives you a chance to work from product and packaging design to marketing and digital promotions.
- Supporting Mid and Senior Designers across the Retail team
- Being an active contributor across the full scope of the design process: from research to idea concepting, to design development and artworking
- Delivering innovative, fun and well-executed design work that pushes boundaries
- Bringing creativity and thinking that meets MinaLima’s identity and aesthetic
- Day to day management of workload across a broad range of projects and deadlines
- Building strong relationships within the wider team through regular and clear communication and a collaborative approach to work
- Recent graduate or with 1 to 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Graphic Design BA (Hons) or equivalent qualification
- Confident using Adobe CC suite with some digital design knowledge.
- Enthusiasm with an eagerness and willingness to learn
- Detail-oriented, with good commercial awareness and understanding
- Self-motivated and organised. You can help frame timelines, respect deadlines, pre-empt issues and know when to ask for advice
- Skilled at working both independently and as a team player, bringing a positive can-do attitude to all aspects of the role
- Flexible and willing to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Knowledge and passion for the Wizarding World is desirable
- 40 hours per week, full time
- Fully in-office working within our Soho, London studio
- You must have the Right to Work in the UK
- One year fixed-term contract
Please send us a short email telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role along with your CV and portfolio to the following email:
Subject line reference: Job Application_Junior Designer
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if you have been successful.