lease send us a short email telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role along with your CV to the following email:
Subject line reference: REF/AP001
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if you have been successful.
What are the next steps?
- We’ll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact.
- The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process.
- No Agency Please
MinaLima is an innovative, multidisciplinary design studio best known for creating the graphic language of the Wizarding World. Founded in 2001 by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima when they met on the set of the first Harry Potter film, their partnership has flourished through the subsequent films with their prop designs inspiring a range of merchandise products, art prints and shops.
House of MinaLima, London, is our flagship Gallery and Shop.
We are looking for someone to supplement our existing Gallery and Shop team.
You will be front-line, customer facing and hands on.
Although many of the core skills are inline with many Retail Assistant positions we require high standards to represent MinaLima to the best effect at all times.
Title: Gallery Assistant
Reporting to: Gallery Manager
Location: House of MinaLima, 157 Wardour St, London W1F 8WQ
Hours: Predominantly weekends – typically 10.30am – 6.30pm Breaks: 1 hour unpaid lunch break per day.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Existing Harry Potter knowledge and affection and a desire to learn all about our Graphic Art. Detailed training given.
- A warm and friendly manner – to welcome visitors to our space.
- Great interpersonal skills – being able to talk, explain and sell to a wide range of people.
- Enthusiastic and committed – a team player with a positive ‘can do’ approach and plenty of initiative.
- IT Confidence – training will be given on how to operate our Point of Sale till system and how to use the Gallery’s website to complete sales.
- Attention to Detail – to ensure the Gallery is perfectly presented and clean.
- Vigilant – to ensure that visitors do not damage any works in the Gallery.
- Ability to lift heavy objects & navigate stairs.
- Dress in a presentable manner in the uniform supplied.
- Prior retail experience is preferable but not essential.
- Flexibility – most of the shifts will be on Saturday / Sunday. Opportunity to provide holiday and sickness cover too.
- Other duties and tasks to help the wider company as required.