Please send us a short email telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role along with your CV and portfolio to the following email:
Subject line reference: REF/ML001
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if you have been successful.
MinaLima is an innovative, multidisciplinary design studio best known for creating the graphic language of the Wizarding World. Founded in 2001 by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima when they met on the set of the first Harry Potter film, their partnership has flourished through the subsequent films with their prop designs inspiring a range of merchandise products, art prints and shops.
As our Senior Retail Designer, you will be responsible for bringing our retail spaces to life by using your expertise to develop window designs, visual merchandising, sales displays and shop builds that engage our customers. You will lead the visual merchandise direction of all House of MinaLima shops, franchises and pop-ups worldwide and use your experience and skills to help shape this growing area of our business by introducing new systems and strategies that proactively enhance our creative output. As a key member of our retail team, you will work closely with the Art Director, Head of Marketing and Head of Retail, alongside collaborating with the wider in-house team.
- £35,000 – £42,000+ depending on experience.
- 40 hours per week, full time.
- Extended hours may be required during campaign launches and window changeovers.
- Fully in-office working within our Soho, London studio.
- Travel to other locations will be necessary, including our Teddington office, with the possibility of international travel.
- This is a physically active job requiring a hands-on approach to the creation of our shop and window displays including dismantling, assembly and maintenance.
- You must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Provide customers with an immersive experience where storytelling is the main focus, balancing creativity and commercial awareness to promote MinaLima’s vision.
- Produce exciting and creative window designs from ideation to assembly in-line with our campaigns.
- Research new and innovative material and production techniques to enhance shop designs.
- Build and manage a network of suppliers, contractors and makers – existing contacts are desirable.
- Liaise and manage suppliers, external contractors and international franchisees throughout the production process including creating relevant technical drawings, detailed documents and guidelines.
- Take responsibility for prop maintenance and inventory, providing our international partners with the necessary materials to achieve window assembly.
- Develop point-of-sale proposals, taking into consideration budget, feasibility, and deadlines.
- Liaise with Marketing & Communications to create a window calendar and plan, implementing marketing strategies for windows, shop displays and points-of sale.
- Ensure all projects contribute to delivering sales goals set by the Head of Retail.
- Create and maintain Visual Merchandising guidelines.
- Provide training, strategies and support to shop managers on how to interpret our VM guidelines to best suit each shop’s needs, maximising sales whilst maintaining MinaLima’s standards.
- Ensure all shops are designed correctly, in-line with our flagship, maintaining good product category visibility during regular business and promotional periods.
- Support international MinaLima pop-ups with event layouts, floor plans and elevations, ensuring brand sponsored events follow brand guidelines.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- Expert skills across the Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Knowledge of SketchUp Pro desirable.
- Good technical drawing skills with experience designing 3D displays and environments, including translating 2D illustrations into 3D.
- Good knowledge of artworking for print production.
- Comprehensive understanding of materials and finishes.
- Excellent project management with the ability to work within budget and to short timelines.
- Detail-oriented, organised and with good time management skills to work across multiple projects in a high-paced environment.
- Flexible and willing to react quickly to changing demands of the business.
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at working both independently and as a team player, bringing a positive can-do attitude to all aspects of the role.
- A good presenter with the ability to clearly communicate project ideas using visualisation.
- Knowledge and passion for the Wizarding World is desirable.