Please send us a short email telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role along with your CV and portfolio to the following email:
Subject line reference: REF/ML003
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if you have been successful.
MinaLima is an innovative, multidisciplinary design studio best known for creating the graphic language of the Wizarding World. Founded in 2001 by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima when they met on the set of the first Harry Potter film, their partnership has flourished through the subsequent films with their prop designs inspiring a range of merchandise products, art prints and shops.
As our Midweight Products & Packaging Designer, you will be responsible for bringing our concepts to life by using your expertise to develop products and art prints that our customers will love. You will work on projects from initial conception through to completion, working collaboratively with the other designers and the wider in-house team to deliver authentic and desirable ranges.
- £28,000 – £34,000.
- 40 hours per week, full time.
- Fully in-office working within our Soho, London studio.
- You must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Taking direction from the Art Director and Senior Designer you will design and create products and art prints from concept through to production.
- Develop considered ideas which are sympathetic and reactive to sales performances to drive excitement and newness across the multiple MinaLima ranges.
- Collaborate with the wider in-house team to deliver products and art prints that are commercial yet deliver MinaLima’s design values.
- Be aware of trends and conduct research to give recommendations of new areas of growth across the MinaLima categories.
- Be responsible for checking and maintaining the quality and consistency of the products and art prints you develop.
- Accurately set files up for print with an awareness of manufacturing processes that will impact design choices.
- Manage supplier communications ensuring samples and products are delivered to brief.
- 3 to 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- Graphic Design or Product Design BA (Hons) or equivalent qualification.
- Expert skills across the Adobe Suite.
- Experience of manufacturing processes, product design development and great technical knowledge of product and packaging design.
- Detail-oriented, organised and with good time management skills so able to work across multiple projects in a high-paced environment.
- Good communicator who is a collaborative team player.
- Flexible and willing to react quickly to changing demands of the business.
- Skilled at working both independently and as a team player, bringing a positive can-do attitude to all aspects of the role.
- Knowledge and passion for the Wizarding World is desirable.