We’re looking for a Midweight Products & Packaging Designer to join our retail team who is comfortable contributing to all parts of the design process, from research, strategy and concepts through to implementation. You will work collaboratively with the other designers and the wider in-house team to deliver authentic and desirable ranges.
Welcome to Studio MinaLima! Founded in 2009 by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima, the graphic designers who imagined and created the graphic universe of the Harry Potter™ film series for Warner Bros. Their partnership has flourished through all the subsequent films with their prop designs inspiring a range of merchandise products and art prints. This has enabled our retail arm “The Art Printorium” to continue to expand and we are now a very successful small business with robust international growth plans to scale our business X10 in the next 5 years.
Who we are
We believe in making a difference through our craft; amazing our fans, clients and our people through positive experiences and the passion with which we deliver our work. We live by a set of values and behaviours which act as a compass for our people. Craft, Care, Curiosity, Courage and Community are at the centre of all we do.
- We strive for great and are unapologetic in pursuit of excellence in our craft
- We work with courage and conviction in delivering magical experiences and outcomes
- We own our growth and take responsibility for our progress
- We try new things and take thoughtful risks
- We support and nurture our people, our brand and our fans
- We are open, welcoming and inclusive at all levels and we treat everyone with respect
As our Midweight Products & Packaging Designer, you will be responsible for bringing our concepts to life by using your expertise to develop products and art prints that our customers will love. You will work on projects from initial conception through to completion, working collaboratively with the other designers and the wider in-house team to deliver authentic and desirable ranges.
- Taking direction from the Art Director and Senior Designer you will design and create products and art prints from concept through to production
- Develop considered ideas which are sympathetic and reactive to sales performances to drive excitement and newness across the multiple MinaLima ranges
- Collaborate with the wider in-house team to deliver products and art prints that are commercial yet deliver MinaLima’s design values
- Be aware of trends and conduct research to give recommendations of new areas of growth across the MinaLima categories
- Be responsible for checking and maintaining the quality and consistency of the products and art prints you develop
- Accurately set files up for print with an awareness of manufacturing processes that will impact design choices
- Manage supplier communications ensuring samples and products are delivered to brief
- Deliver innovative, fun and well-executed design work that pushes boundaries
- Bring creativity and thinking that meets MinaLima’s identity and aesthetic
- Day to day management of workload across a broad range of projects and deadlines
- Build strong relationships within the wider team through regular and clear communication and a collaborative approach to work
- 3 to 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Graphic Design or Product Design BA (Hons) or equivalent qualification
- Expert skills across the Adobe Suite
- Experience of manufacturing processes, product design development and great technical knowledge of product and packaging design
- Detail-oriented, organised and with good time management skills so able to work across multiple projects in a high-paced environment
- Good communicator who is a collaborative team player
- Flexible and willing to react quickly to changing demands of the business
- Skilled at working both independently and as a team player, bringing a positive can-do attitude to all aspects of the role
- Knowledge and passion for the Wizarding World is desirable
- 40 hours per week, full time
- Fully in-office working within our Soho, London studio
- You must have the Right to Work in the UK
- One year fixed-term contract
Please send us a short email telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role along with your CV and portfolio to the following email:
Subject line reference: Job Application_Midweight Products & Packaging Designer
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if you have been successful.