We are always on the look out for talented designers and are currently recruiting at Junior, Midweight and Senior level.
Please send us a short email telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role along with your CV and portfolio to the following email:
Subject line reference: REF/ML002
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if you have been successful.
MinaLima is an innovative, multidisciplinary design studio best known for creating the graphic language of the Wizarding World. Founded in 2001 by Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima when they met on the set of the first Harry Potter film, their partnership has flourished through the subsequent films with their prop designs inspiring a range of merchandise products, art prints and shops.
- 40 hours per week, full time.
- Fully in-office working within our Soho, London studio.
- You must have the Right to Work in the UK.
About the Candidate:
- Be able to multitask, work on several projects at once, sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
- Fully Mac literate and competent in Adobe CS including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience setting large format files up for print
- Strong layout, typographic, visualising and retouching skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to adapt new designs if needed
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Recognised design qualification or equivalent experience
- Self-starter who can adapt to new situations and hit the ground running
Key Skills Required:
- Creation of high quality digital and printed content across a variety of platforms and formats including social media.
- An excellent eye for typography, layout, colour theory, branding and design language.
- Great communication and organisational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills with a focus on meeting deadlines.
- Organised source files management is extremely important!
- A “can-do” positive attitude – with lots of initiative and a desire to help wherever needed.
- Strong organisational skills – able to learn and understand different admin processes to ensure the basic functions of the building and team run smoothly.
- Effective independent working – but with the maturity to ask questions and seek clarity when needed.
- An ability to multi-task – there will be plenty of ad-hoc tasks that will come from nowhere – you will need to be flexible and able to continually re-prioritise your to do list.
- Great communication skills – confident and clear when using telephone and e-mail.
- Working with and supporting the Senior Graphic Designers and Art Director to visually translate the MinaLima identity/aesthetic across all our assets and content.
- Create innovative, fun and well-executed design work that pushes boundaries.
- Providing creative/ editorial layout and graphics in various formats for email campaigns, PR and Marketing material, flyers, and general promo.
- Support the sales and design teams by providing digital lookbooks, catalogues, leaflets and promo material.
- Day to day management of workload across a broad range of projects and deadlines.
- Contributing creative ideas to wider creatively led projects that meet brand values and objectives.
- Liaise with external contacts in production of designed material when needed.
- General design-related administration duties.